Monday, August 29, 2011

from U-Verse To Comcast Internet

Graystokehttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

join:2006-03-24
Stockton, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,21692131?hilite=comcast+internet

From U-verse Back To Comcast.....Could Be
Hello. A little synopsis on my experience with AT&T U-verse after switching from comcast. It's been 35 days now.

First of all, I switched because of the price. Looking back, maybe not a good idea.

I have more HD channels now than I had with comcast, but the quality of the HD picture is not quite as good as with comcast. The HD picture is darker, and not as sharp. There is a channel, HDNet, where you can go to calibrate the settings on your TV. I haven't done that yet. But then, why do I have to do that, when I didn't with comcast. The audio is sometimes out of sync with picture. This usually happens while watching the local news channels, and they are showing one of the reporters on location somewhere.

The audio sometimes skips while watching a HD program. It's hard to describe. It's like watching a streaming video with Windows Media Player, and the audio makes this skipping sound, and you miss some of the dialog.

SD is basically the same as comcast, so no need to comment on that.

The only advantages U-verse TV has over comcast, is the recording of programs. You can record more than one program at the same time, while watching another program. The number of programs you can record while watching another program, depends on whether you are recording HD or SD. The default settings for recording times, is about 3 minutes longer than the show runs. With comcast, I sometimes had to extend the recording time on some series programs. I don't have to do that with U-verse.

I'm thinking I might return to comcast. It's abut 80/20 in comcast's favor.

P.S. I have the TV, internet, phone bundle. Same as I had with comcast. No problems with internet or phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment